Friday 11 January 2013

Update - research proposal feedback

After receiving my grade last night I have now today, had more time to read the feedback from my research proposal in full. Below I have categorised each section of the marking scheme, along with  bullet-pointed evaluation of my feedback.


Premise
  • Incorrect use of the word 'one' when trying to demonstrate third-person passive tone
  • Insufficient literature to support statements
  • Unclear why colour and lighting are important to the development of horror
  • Context not fully established

 Context
  • Incorrect/inaccurate statements
  • Research not thorough on certain topics
  • Using research methods instead of review methods
  • Absence of critical discussion
  • Interpretation of appropriate theories needed

 Appropriateness of Methodology
  • Research methods in need of some refinement 
  • Combination of practice and case study poorly developed and discussed

 Clarity of Methodology
  • No theory development 
  • Plan to conduct analysis unclear
  • Research criteria not clear
  • Vague and unclear language use

 Predicted Outcomes
  • Presentation of proposed points unclear thus, less credible
  • No development of colour theory and the effects on emotion
  • Insufficient discussion of horror genres
  • More theoretical research needed

References
  •  I have received no feedback on this section however, the guidelines of the assessment criteria state that citations and references I have provided, somewhat follow the prescribed guidelines of this section. More time should have been spent on selecting references appropriately in order to improve my skills in academic writing.

Presentation
  •  Sections of proposal unclear (no clear indication or headings)
  • Poorly structured language
  • Writing presentation requires improvement

Overall I am rather displeased with the quality of my research proposal and all the errors I have made however, I will not let this dishearten or discourage me. I will use this feedback as a lesson, as well as guidance towards the construction of my project dissertation, to ensure that these mistakes are not made twice and also to guarantee that my dissertation is of maximum quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment