Wednesday 9 January 2013

Looking to semester 2

Semester one has proven to be very challenging. Personally, I feel I have developed on many levels in terms work. In third year, I turned a blind eye to essential factors such as the assessment criteria; if I knew how I was being assessed I feel I would have paid more attention to the direction and quality of my work. Another flaw would be research; I have only now, as a forth year began to use the facilities of the library as a constant hive of information and resources necessary to my coursework. In previous years I did go to the library when I was short on references, but now its the first place I head when approaching a new topic, area of study or even when I'm having software based problems that Google cannot help solve. The most notable flaw I carry and has caused constant problems, especially in my educational pursuits - organisation. More than often I end up letting myself by not preparing things in advance. It almost happened again this semester however, I feel like I am going to be able to get everything in on time and to the best of my potential.

Semester 2 holds a lot of promise. All I have been looking forward to since starting forth year is getting down to the physical creation of my horror environment. As soon as I hand in my deliverables for semester one, my first objective is to carefully plan the semester ahead because I have to take into account that I will be juggling a large 3D project and a dissertation at the same time. I hope to stay on top of my work and manage my time efficiently in order to submit quality work to the best of my abilities once the final submission date arrives in May. The dissertation looks scary, I'm not going to lie however, I have made it this far and I'm not going to back down now !

No comments:

Post a Comment