Tuesday 15 January 2013

Supervisor metting 3

In light of my research proposal feedback, I arranged a meeting with Brian Robinson to go over it. Once we started, I wanted to ask a few quick questions about my blog before we went over my research proposal feedback. The entire meeting was then hooked on discussing my blog as Brian had noted that the addition of a futuristic theme on top of the development of my 3D environment was both going off at an unnecessary tangent and adding a lot more to my work load in terms of research, testing and design. We discussed the issue that I have not shown any progression towards the three original locations for my 3D environment since their creation in November. Brian recommended I try and put some further research into these locations (Switzerland, Brazil and Japan), explaining their relevance to my project and the genre of horror. Next Brian recommended I delete anything futuristic from my blog as he knew that I was heading off-topic and leaving it on my blog would only cause problems and confusion for me.

Before we finished and I got back to work, Brian gave me a few pointers on how I should proceed before the submission on Friday:

  • Fix my blog - remove all futuristic-related posts
  • Relevance - go over blog posts, underlining what blog posts and practical examples have to do with genre of horror
  • Horror characteristics - research into what makes horror (film theory)
  • Mis en scene - linking my concept drawings to horror and encouraging further research into this design technique.
  • Setting - why would any of the three settings work in a horror atmosphere?

As I am only 3 days away from submission, I will try my hardest to rectify these errors, conduct more research into neglected areas, investigate mis en scene and hopefully, make a final decision for my location for my 3D environment. I cannot guarantee that I will be able to make all these changes and fix all these errors but I will give it my all.

No comments:

Post a Comment