Wednesday 16 January 2013

Update - interior setting turmoil

This is an update to my previous post about confliction I have been having about my interior setting. I bumped into Brian Robinson before I started my work today, asking him if he had read my email. Brian told me he had not yet read it and asked me to tell him what issues I was having. I told him I wanted to keep the work I had done for my prison setting and keep it to show development in my project and instead, choose the interior setting over semester 2 and focus more on researching my three original locations; Brazil, Switzerland and Japan. Brian said this was fine so long as I critically justified my reasons for doing so.

Reasons for change
  • Horror-less - A prison setting would be hard promote without characters as a prisons are usually filled with criminals and guards.
  • References - I can think of little or no examples in film or video games that I can use as research or inspiration for the development of my project.
  • Neglect - I feel I may have been to rash as I have failed to do any research on the three original locations I looked into at the start of my project.
  • Research - I would like to make a decision on my interior setting by researching at the beginning of semester 2. I realise this will add to my already stacked workload however, as I said in my previous post, I would rather enjoy what I'm doing and be happy with my decision rather than just sticking to a bad decision and following through for the sake of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment