Sunday 5 May 2013

Exposition research (part VI) - project poster

What?
This post will highlight the favoured aesthetic for my project poster which is to be featured in my layout for the honours project showcase at the end of the semester.

Why?
To display how I will be advertising the entirety of my showcase layout and my honours project.

Design
http://www.avcesar.com/source/software/tmdb/2156/extrait_ringu_1.jpg
I felt that the main poster for my showcase layout had to capture what I am trying to achieve with my honours project, which is to identify the unique characteristics of Japanese directed horror. Using a large close-up of a scene from Hideo Nakata's Ringu (1998), I felt this image would be most appropriate for my project poster because it is a Japanese directed horror film, one of my case studies was directed towards the investigation of this film and finally, because I thought it would blend with the rest of my selected showcase pieces once the image was saturated.

After adding some saturation and lowering the brightness of the image, I placed a suitable font at the base of the image to advertise the title of my project. I love the font used in notepad, however, I did not want it too look so outdated or pixelated, therefore, I selected a slightly neater version of the same font and sized it out accordingly. As my name will be displayed at the top of my allocated space, I did not want to further clutter the poster up by putting my name in with the project title. This is not the final draft but this is the aesthetic I would like to use for my project poster because the image selection looks terrific within my chosen colour/tonal range, it looks simple and professional and it highlights/follows existing elements within my honours project.

Next steps:
  • Select final pieces for showcase
  • 3 x stages of project development

No comments:

Post a Comment