Sunday 5 May 2013

Exposition research (part V) - business cards

What?
In this post I will be outlining the design of my business cards for the honours project showcase at the end of the semester.

Why?
To display how the design and colour selections are to blend in with the rest of my showcase layout.

Front
front
The front of my business card is simple, basic and blends in with the colour range I have selected for the rest of my showcase layout. My intended design style, similar to that of my layout, is simple and functional or less-is-more because I feel that it is unnecessary to overdo or overfill one's identification with shapes or images. As I would like to maintain a professional standard within my works, I felt that my business cards should be treated no differently.

Back
back
I made sure that the back of the business card followed the colour/tonal range I am using for my showcase layout and the front of the card by making the background colour grey, with black and white text and a neat font selection. This design choice is to further my less-is-more aesthetic displayed in my showcase layout. The BA (Hons) Computer Arts text in the top right corner is only temporary for now because I am still uncertain whether to just put 3D environment artist or 2D/3D environment artist (as I am now skilful in both fields). I would like to seek a career in 3D environment design, however, I feel that I should check with the course lecturers first to ensure I am not selling myself too short.

Next steps
  • Project poster
  • Select final pieces for showcase
  • 3 x stages of project development (A3)

No comments:

Post a Comment