Wednesday 5 December 2012

Proposal feedback (first draft)

The initial feedback I received for the first draft of my research proposal was vast and very detailed. Lynn Parker was very helpful in highlighting my errors as well as give me direction and/or suggestion to rectify certain errors. In all honesty I was very confident in my first draft however, upon reading all the feedback I received, I then realised my over-confidence was greatly misplaced. Here I have bullet pointed the most commonly mentioned errors within my proposal feedback:

  • Opinion-based comments - no evidence to support claims
  • Loose ends - topic related questions and points not fully answered or supported
  • Grammar - constant incorrect use of the semi-colon
  • Structure - misunderstanding the sections of the proposal

These problems were overwhelming at first glance, thankfully Lynn told me to not freak out, to read over my feedback and arrange a meeting with Brian Robinson so that he could help me understand where I had gone wrong and what I had to do in order to fix these errors.

No comments:

Post a Comment