Monday 17 December 2012

Update - setting choice

I have decided that my 3D horror environment will be an interior setting. I have not yet decided on the country to base my horror environment in however, I feel choosing a setting will help make the decision for the location easier. I have an initial idea for the interior setting - a prison

Why the change?
This choice has been made because I feel that my technical skills are much more benefited within an interior setting. I have had little or no experience on exterior settings and in hindsight, my work would be of a lesser quality based on time scaling and technical skills. I have worked on interior settings in previous years and feel much more confident in my quality in my deliverables based on this change. This new direction is also because I feel my project would benefit from a more creative approach that would also help boost the direction and initial aim of my project.

Why a prison?
The idea was random but I liked the concept of a location deemed inescapable, secure and loaded with dangerous prisoners. The idea that nobody is safe, not even the prisoners seemed like a great premise therefore, I thought it would be a great start towards visually developing an idea of what I want my interior setting to be and what I want it to look like. I don't know if this will definitely be the interior setting for my project, but I feel I have to try some ideas out in order to narrow down what I'm comfortable with designing, what I think is best for my project and how I will make the setting work within the genre of horror.

   

No comments:

Post a Comment