Thursday 21 March 2013

Supervisor meeting 3 (semester 2) - feedback

Feedback:
This was a quick meeting in which I displayed my work over the past three days (18/03/13 - 21/03/13) and asked about the structure, as well as guidance towards constructing my case studies. My work was met with very positive feedback (Brian was absolutely thrilled at my progress) with naught but encouragement towards expanding on my analysis process, directed towards why certain design choices were made as well as the how and what.

After this I asked Brian about my case studies, as I was unclear on my approach as well as my direction. Brian encouraged me to continue onward in the identification of the unique characteristics of Japanese directed horror, looking at an American directed horror film and a Japanese directed horror film and drawing appropriate conclusive results from both.

Next Steps:
  • Why? - reference and look at why certain design choices were made in referenced or analysed pieces.
  • Case studies - comparison study between American and Japanese directed horror.

No comments:

Post a Comment