Thursday 21 March 2013

Semester 2 - critique presentation feedback

Summary
For the critique presentation, I decided to change my approach for displaying my works over the past four weeks. Instead of listing each and every element of my project that has been changed, altered, created or removed, I thought it would be a better idea to elaborate on the two most important elements of my project thus far. These two elements were conventions of American and Japanese directed horror and my final piece. I elaborated on the conventions and two types of codes for each region, providing quotes and relevant images for each example. Next, I broke down what I would like my final piece to look like, what it will include, how I will be developing my work and what visual elements I will be focusing on.

Feedback
  • Lynn - Elaborating that I should avoid Japanese constructed buildings and instead, focus on depicting the atmosphere. When breaking down and analysing my own works, I should pay attention and try not to contradict myself on certain points. It was also recommended that when using literature to support my work that I avoid referencing blogs and focus on published pieces.
  • Brian - Very happy that I had developed a progressive framework and that my process for analysing and developing my own work was solid. His only request was that I provide more practical work as I have been focusing more of my time on theoretical work.
  • Ken - Appreciating the visual story that I had provided, but recommended I try and elaborate on why the directors made the choices they did and how they did it, in order to grasp the successful depiction of Japanese horror.
  • Ryan - Loved being educated about the details of codes and conventions but felt that I had neglected certain areas relevant to the development of my project (as ken had brought up) such as cinematography, lighting techniques and colour patterns.

Next steps
  • Develop 3D work
  • Develop 2D work
  • Elaborate on why and how within blog work and referenced materials

No comments:

Post a Comment