Friday 15 March 2013

Project aim & objectives (updated)

What?
The changes below that I have made to my project include the removal of European horror from objective one, objective two being changed to a comparison study and objective three will be developed using my personal horror interpretation

Why?
Objective one has been changed because my knowledge on European horror is thin and studying two regions of horror film will not be possible to work within the remaining time-frame. Objective two has been altered to reduce the level of interpretative work, so that I can focus more of my time on highlighting further unique characteristics of Japanese directed horror and apply them to existing/future works. Objective three has been altered to provide context as to where I will be locating my Japanese characteristic inspired environment.
  • Project Aim
To study and identify the unique characteristics used to depict Japanese horror in the medium of film.

  • Objective 1
Investigate what characteristics used in Japanese directed horror films differ from American directed horror films.

  • Objective 2
How does Wes Craven's 'A Nightmare On Elm Street' (1984) differ from Hideo Nakata's 'Ringu' (1998)

  • Objective 3
Using your personal horror interpretation, visually depict the unique characteristics identified in Japanese directed horror films.


Next steps
  • Update project deliverables list

No comments:

Post a Comment