Monday 11 February 2013

PDP (personal development portfolio)

I was instructed by Brian Robinson to locate any knowledge or skill gaps that I have developed and make a detailed list to date. I neglected to attach tags to each post highlighting the development of a skill or knowledge gap, which I have also now rectified.

Below I have created a list of skill/knowledge gaps that have been challenged and/or filled throughout semester one up until the present date. Each listed item will include a bullet pointed summary detailing what skill or knowledge gap(s) I have successfully developed, followed by my next steps, listing future skill/knowledge development.

Semester one

Lighting theory - 27/09/12
  • Technical lighting including glare, illumination, colour and brightness balance.
Shadowless lighting - 23/10/12
  • Volume lighting
  • Creating shadowless lights
Lighting test - flashing lights - 23/10/12
  • Key-framing lights
  • Animating lights
  • Necessary skills in Adobe Premiere Pro
Lighting in horror (continued) - sunrise and coloured lighting - 25/10/12
  • Creating lighting in a daytime setting
  • Shadow colour
Colour in horror - blood and atmosphere - 25/10/12
  • Blood patters and spatter
  • Incandescence
  • Glowing lights
Interior setting research - isolation and decay (continued) - 02/01/13
  • Creating rust
  • Bump mapping
Interior setting research - prisons - 08/01/13
  • Prison interiors 
Colour in horror - movie posters and colour palettes - 15/01/13
  • Colour palettes 
Colour in horror - Freddy vs Jason and mood - 16/01/13
  • Moods inspired by colours
Mise-en-scène - lighting and shadows - 16/01/13
  • Mise-en-scène
  • Lighting in Mise-en-scène
Choosing a setting (continued) - Japan - 17/01/13
  • Japanese horror films
  • Japanese horror computer and video games
  • Japanese cultural events/festivals
Choosing a setting (continued) - Switzerland - 17/01/13
  • Swiss horror films
  • Swiss horror computer and video games
  • Swiss cultural events/festivals
Choosing a setting (continued) - Brazil - 17/01/13
  • Brazilian horror films
  • Brazilian horror computer and video games
  • Brazilian cultural events/festivals
Lighting in horror - rotating lights - 18/01/13
  • Creating fog
  • Animating fog
  • Animated colour lighting

Semester two

Personal horror film criteria - 25/01/13
  •  Personal criteria for the genre of horror in the medium of film
The 4 C's - 30/01/13
  • The difference between characteristics, criteria, codes and conventions
Non-personal horror film criteria (part 1) - 30/01/13
  • An outside criteria and perspective of the genre of horror in the medium of film
Formal analysis - 08/02/13
  • How to describe my own work as well as others
  • How to analyse my own work as well as others
  • How to interpret my own work as well as others
  • How to make a judgement about my own work as well as others
Project target audience - 08/02/13
  • Distinguishing the target audience for my honours project
  • Establishing primary and secondary target audiences 
  • Outlining age group for my target audience

What are my next steps and will these next steps help me develop knowledge/skills gaps further?
Yes, because I intend to develop my weaker skills such as sketching (interior and exterior), matte painting and/or any other ways to express my works which I have not yet explored or have poor skills/knowledge in.

No comments:

Post a Comment