Friday 21 September 2012

Prologue

Start of this week, I was pretty confident, but after Robin's lecture on Monday, that confidence plummeted. My initial idea was to make a huge interactive city environment; a street, an alleyway, a corner shop; after reading the student handbook I realised I had to downsize the scale of  the environment due to the time frame in front of me and the new skills I have to learn.

Using my initial idea, I realised I couldn't just have a 3D environment on it's own and that I needed another element; interactivity - despite the horrible reviews, I loved Duke Nukem Forever (2011), primarily for its level of interactivity and the style of art in which its done.
Being bold I figured I would throw another element into the mix to make my project more exciting and noticeable; lighting - reading up on Dream Worlds (Hans Bacher, 2007) I was inspired by the combination of lighting and shadows with mood and figured it would be a fantastic contributing factor to the other elements of my project.

I have already submitted two different preliminary research questions and have received positive feedback and worked out some firm next steps which will be discussed along with the results of yesterdays tutorial in my next blog entry.



No comments:

Post a Comment